Wednesday, December 30, 2009

At what age can children start drinking tea? Not talking powdered iced tea, but freshly brewed tea....?

possibly over ice and decafeinatted if necessary.. Thanks!At what age can children start drinking tea? Not talking powdered iced tea, but freshly brewed tea....?
my mom been givin me tea from 9 months of age in a sippy cup an that was over 28 years nowAt what age can children start drinking tea? Not talking powdered iced tea, but freshly brewed tea....?
Whenever they want.
I can't see the harm ...especially if its decaf and unsweetened. I would just worry about staining their teeth and stick to lighter brands. Obviously I wouldn't give it to a baby and like any drink, the only worry is them drinking it instead of milk or eating.
I would say about three years old is the right time to give them tea.
I don't know about appropriate age, but my kids have been drinking tea since they were 2. They love green tea and regular lipton tea. Nothing bad has ever happened to them because of it.
I was given tea in my bottle as a baby. [ Irish roots] Still here 50yrs later.
Well, in Puerto Rico many moms give their babes tea at around one years old. They do so the night before changing from formula to regular milk. It is supposed to ease their stomachs (the babies) for the change. There are many children (two and up) that regularly drink tea and/or coffee. Hope this helps.
Any age.
about a year or so. I used to get chamomile tea for upset stomachs when I was little, and I used to get regular tea with a bit of milk and sugar.
  • acne prone skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment