Saturday, December 26, 2009

Matcha green tea powder.....?

I just got a great deal on a bag of really good quality Matcha powder...I'm moving to Arizona in less than a month and I need a way to get it there without it spoiling (if that's possible). I know it's supposed to stay refridgerated, but if I shipped it would it be okay? I can't pack it with me on the airlines cuz they probably won't allow green powder through security lol. Soo any tips on what I should do??Matcha green tea powder.....?
Matcha is just green tea ground into powder, albeit a high quality tea. Keeping it refrigerated extends the shelf life and slows oxidation, but it is shipped all the time without refrigeration and it doesn't ';spoil.'; The main thing is to keep out air and light. So pack it up tight and ship in the quickest way you can justify so it has the least time exposed to the heat. It will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment