Saturday, December 26, 2009

How long does Matcha (powdered green tea) stay fresh for?

I brought some back from Japan. It came in a little tin, in a sealed bag. I opened the bag and put it in the tin. How long should it be good for? Its been about 3-4 weeks and I haven't finished much of it. I don't want to waste it, so I'll still drink it even if its not its freshest, but still tastes good. Any help?How long does Matcha (powdered green tea) stay fresh for?
On the internet, I've seen a variety of comments. One said it can only last 30 days. Another indicated it could last for a year. I'd go with the average and keep it in the fridge:


http://www.tastegurus.com/index.php?opti鈥?/a>





Some other ways to use it up? If you can eat dairy, the recipe of Matcha Latte (link) looks good. Or you can mix it in some vanilla ice cream. Or make your own green tea ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment