Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Stevia powder in my cup of tea?

I recently bought a packet of Stevia powder online to try as a sweetner. When the packet came it was a a sort of green powder. So I added a small amount to my usual tea with milk and stirred. After doing this there were lot's of green flecks in my tea floating on the top and when I tasted it it wasn't very nice at all infact it tasted a lot like regular artificial sweetners which I hate. I am quite dissapointed as I was really hoping to wean myself off sugar and thought this might help but it seems nothing really tastes like sugar but sugar.


Have you any advice? Did I get the wrong kind or am I using it wrong?





Thanks!Stevia powder in my cup of tea?
Hi!





I agree the powder is horrible. The liquid form of stevia tastes great in liquid. Sweet leaf brand.








Have a sweet day!





I know .....I am addicted to sugar....it's tough.Stevia powder in my cup of tea?
It is good to get away from processed sugar. If sugar were introduced to the US today, the FDA wouldn't approve it.





But stevia and other 'sugar-substitutes' are basically cancer powder. They are just as bad.





Try honey or unprocessed sugar (cane) for your tea.





Another great healthy and tasty sweet stuff is cocoa (unprocessed chocolate) and crushed berries. These are some of the best anti-oxidents ever.





I am also a fan of Gary Null. I sometimes use some of his powders to sweeten and fortify my meals.
I get a sweetner called ';Sweet stuff';. It does have Stevia in it but it really tastes like sugar. I bought it in the organic section. I use it regularly and have no complaints.





Also it was a white powder, not green.





I would also like to mention it is not cancer powder like another post says. I asked my general doctor and OB/GYN and you would need to consume packets upon packets one after another for you to ever form cancer. It was given to lab rats at a staggering amount and that is why cancer formed. regular use is perfectly safe. Stevia was appoved by the FDA for a dietary aide as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment